1. The editor
This website is owned and operated by HEXAGONE, a simplified joint stock company with a share capital of 13,679.00 euros, registered in the Caen Trade and Companies Register under the number 804461838 and whose registered office is located at 2 rue Jean Perrin, 14460 Colombelles, France (“Inject”, “Inside”, “Inuit”, “Schoolab”, or “we”)
Schoolab provides an innovation platform service accessible on the website https://theschoolab.com (the “Website”), which allows companies to facilitate the implementation and management of: innovation places, innovation programs, innovation communities.
In an effort to improve your user experience, we may also make changes to the structure and design of our Website, as well as to certain Services or content, without notice.
In this document,
- Account” refers to the account that must be created to become a Member and access the Services offered by the Website;
- Member” refers to any natural person who has an Account on the Website;
- Community” refers to all the Members of the Website;
- Deliverables” refers to all textual content or documents (such as presentations, videos, etc.) uploaded to the Website by Members;
- Services” means all content and products, services, features, technologies or functions that we provide through the Website; and
- Sponsor” means the company that operates the Platform or submits an Innovation Program to Members via the Website.
You must have authorization to link your company. You must confirm that you have the authority to bind any company or entity on whose behalf you use our Services, and that such company or entity agrees to these Terms.
B. Create an Account.
The Website allows Members to reserve event or meeting space, register for events, view articles, view innovation programs operated by Schoolab or the Sponsor, view teams and team members participating in innovation programs, manage their profile file, manage their team file. The Website also allows Members to view and register for Innovation Programs and to interact with other Members, Sponsors or Schoolab through discussion forums, chats, emails and messages.
You may view the public Innovation Summaries and Program if you are not registered, but you may not register or participate in an Innovation Program without first opening an Account and becoming a Member.
To open your Account, you may either:
- Complete the required fields on the registration form (e.g., your name, email address and password). A link to activate your Account will be sent to you by email; your Account will be activated once you click on this link;
- open an Account using your company’s Single Sign-On (SSO) system or the authentication system of a social network such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Google. By using this feature, we will access, publish and store personal data obtained from these platforms.
- *C. Accuracy of Account Information
You agree that the Account associated with your profile contains accurate and truthful information, and that you will update it as necessary.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password associated with your Account. You agree to notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any breach of security, such as loss or theft of your login information.
The Website is an online innovation platform on which Sponsors may manage a community, manage physical innovation venues, manage innovation programs in which Members may participate, subject to the specific terms of each Program as set forth in the Program Rules.
As a Member:
- you may access a personalized area on the Website, which contains your profile, allows you to view the Innovation Programs for which you have registered, and to communicate and exchange messages, including by email and chat, with Members, Sponsors, mentors and Schoolab;
- you may register for Innovation Programs, provided that you meet the requirements of the Innovation Program Rules;
- you may participate in an Innovation Program as an individual, as a representative of a business entity, or by forming or joining a team, as specified in the Innovation Program Rules;
- you can download Deliverables to track an Innovation Program, as specified in the Innovation Program Rules;
- you can retrieve data and Deliverables you submitted during your participation in a given Innovation Program, as specified in the Innovation Program Rules;
- you may complete an online innovation project tracking and management program;
Sponsors may award prizes for winning Deliverables submitted by Registered Members for participation in an Innovation Program, as specified in the Innovation Program Rules.
Sponsors are solely responsible for evaluating all Deliverables and independently deciding, according to their own criteria, the winner(s) of an Innovation Program. Decisions made by Sponsors are considered final.
6. Content You Post on the Website
You may communicate with other Members, Mentors, Jurors, Program Managers or Sponsors via the Website. Any information you communicate on the Website, both during registration and while using the Services (e.g., postings to public discussion forums, emails, discussions, Deliverables, etc.), is subject to the following:
You agree that the content you post will be accurate and that it: (i) will not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right or right of publicity or privacy of any third party, or (ii) will not violate any law (including export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising laws).
With respect to the Deliverables, you warrant that (i) you are the owner or authorized user of the intellectual property contained in your Deliverable and (ii) you are not required to transfer any rights you have in the Deliverable to any third party under any employment or other contract; or (iii) you have obtained any necessary authorization from your employer or co-contracting party prior to submitting the Deliverables. At any time, you may be required to make legally binding warranties and representations to Sponsor with respect to a Deliverable or any particular information you submit.
You are solely responsible for the content you post or upload to the Website, and for the transfer of any technology or information you engage in. Schoolab expressly disclaims all liability in this regard.
7. Rules of Conduct for Members on the Website
Certain rules apply to Members.
When using our Website, you agree:
- not to submit to us, other Members, mentors, the jury or Sponsors any false, misleading, malicious or fraudulent information;
- not to post content that is defamatory, abusive, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, aggressive, inappropriate, violent, threatening, harassing, racist, xenophobic, or sexually oriented, or that incites violence, discrimination, or hatred, or that promotes illegal activities, or that is otherwise contrary to good character or the purposes of the Website
- not to infringe Schoolab’s rights and image, such as its intellectual property rights;
- not to open more than one account on the Website and not to open an account in the name of a third party;
- not to use the Account of another Member;
- not to bypass the Website, including by attempting to contact a Sponsor or send your Deliverables outside the Website;
- not to transfer data that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other files or computer programs that may disrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer or network directly or indirectly connected to the Website;
- not to use any device, software or routine that may interfere with the proper working of the Website or that is intended to damage, disrupt, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- not to take any action (such as sending spam) that imposes an unreasonable burden on our Website;
8. Confidentiality As part of an Innovation Program, you may be required to keep certain information confidential.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Schoolab harmless from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from your unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
- *A. Licensing of Schoolab by Members
For the purposes of our Website and to enable the Services, you grant Schoolab a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license, during the term of our contractual relationship with you, to use the content and data you submit to the Website.
Specifically, you authorize us to display, distribute, publish, reproduce, perform, adapt, use and translate any content you provide, disseminate it via the Website and any other communication protocol, and communicate it to the public, the Community and the Sponsors.
- *B. Schoolab’s IP Rights/Limited License
This Web Site is controlled and operated by Schoolab. Our proprietary software and materials contained on the Website, including logos, trademarks, trade names and images, text, illustrations, audio and video files, and the selection, coordination and arrangement of such materials, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and other intellectual property rights. All other trademarks, service marks and trade names used on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
Provided that you are a Member, Schoolab grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal, non-transferable license to use the Website for your personal and private, non-commercial use for the purposes of the Website.
You may not make any other use or exploitation of the Website and Services and their content without the prior written permission of Schoolab. In particular, you may not:
- reproduce, adapt, distribute, publicly perform or communicate the Website, the Services, the Summaries, the Innovation Program and the content of the Website;
- extract or attempt to extract (including by using data mining robots or any other similar data collection tool) a substantial portion of the data from the Website;
- reproduce, modify or attempt to discover any source code, create a derivative work therefrom, or reverse engineer or assemble the same
- modify or attempt to modify the Website in any manner or form, unless you have the right to modify content that you yourself have generated on the Website;
- frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including descriptions of Innovation Programs, images, text, page layout, or form);
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” associated with Schoolab’s name or trademarks.
Any unauthorized use by you that violates the foregoing terminates the license we have granted you.
- *C. Legal **.
If you believe that your legitimate intellectual property rights have been infringed by the introduction of certain content on the Website, you must notify Schoolab immediately and provide us with the following
- Your contact information. If you are submitting the claim on behalf of a third party, please submit proof of your right to represent such third party;
- An identification of the Website content in question, which you believe is protected by intellectual property rights, and its location on the Website (including the URL link);
- The attribution of the aforementioned intellectual property rights; and the reasons for the alleged infringement.
10. Schoolab’s Role/Limitation of Liability
Schoolab has no control over the conduct of Members, Sponsors, Mentors or other users of its Website. We do not control the information provided by others and made available through the Website; any other user’s information may be inaccurate.
Schoolab has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the acts or omissions of any Sponsor, or the quality, accuracy or legality of any Abstract or Innovation Program. We do not endorse any Sponsor. Members act under their sole and entire responsibility. As an intermediary, Schoolab is not responsible if an Innovation Program does not take place as planned, for example due to:
- incorrect information provided by the Sponsor in its Summary or in the context of an Innovation Program, or by any other means, with respect to the Innovation Program and its terms and conditions ;
- cancellation or modification of an Innovation Program by a Sponsor;
- non-payment of the prize or award by a Sponsor;
- the conduct of its Members during, before or after an Innovation Program, or at any other time.
We are not responsible for the content or use of any Deliverable, for the failure of a Member to complete an Innovation Program, for any harm caused by Sponsors to a Member, and for any consequential harm such as financial loss, loss of business, or pain and suffering that a Member may incur as a result of using the Website or participating in an Innovation Program.
You agree to submit only to Sponsor any claim you may wish to make regarding information provided by Sponsor. If you have a dispute with another Member, you must notify Schoolab of all claims of any kind arising from such dispute.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
11. Suspension and Termination of Your Account, and Limitations on Access to Your Account
You may terminate your contractual relationship with Schoolab and close your Account at any time by contacting Schoolab. Termination will be effective immediately.
You will be notified of any such action so that you may respond. Schoolab will decide, in its sole discretion, whether to lift the measures.
12. Personal Data. We collect and process some of your personal data.
13. Operation, availability and functionality of the Platform
We will make every effort to ensure that the Website is constantly accessible, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, access to the Website or the use of certain functionalities may be suspended or interrupted without notice, due to technical maintenance, migration or updates, or because of breakdowns or constraints related to the network, or for other technical reasons.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any part of your access to the Website or its functionality, at our sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
Our Website contains links to other websites. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their content. By including such links, we do not endorse the material on such websites or imply any association with their operators.
15. Modification of the Terms and Conditions of Use
16. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
- Heroku – Amazon Web Services Western Europe Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle, WA 98108-1226 http://aws.amazon.com
18. Web Site Design Attribution and Publisher Contact Information
Schoolab, 2 rue Jean Perrin 14460 Colombelles email@example.com
19. Effective Date
These Terms and Conditions of Use became effective on December 12, 2018.